Ahad, 14 Jun 2009

A letter to Dad

20 Jamadil Akhir 1430H



Dear Dad,

How are you and everyone? Hope all are in great condition. I am writing so as to tell you I am doing well at this college.

On Monday, i was 10-minutes late for the assembly. A facilitator stopped me in my tracks and asked, “What good is he, if a man does not keep his word?”, and then let me off. He sure is a wise one as the wise say little, while the fools babble.

About 3 a.m. on Wednesday, all 13 of us each ate eggs fried on a clothes iron. Hungry men aren’t picky about their food, you know. Lucky we ‘cooked’ on the 7th floor; as the smell of butter was noticeable. The saying, “It takes three-years to learn something good, but a day to learn something bad”, was proven. Half-bad, I presume.

All work and no play make me a dull geek. Next weekend I’m going for a dip at the hot springs; the stream afterwards.

A strong steed cannot be raised in the yard. Thank you, Dad for not sparing the rod over me. That goes to show how an old horse knows the way.

Send my regards to Mum.


Yours,

Son.

Tiada ulasan: