Selasa, 23 Mac 2010

Contain the sugar, expel the ants

7 Rabiul Akhir 1431H

Pic 1 - A kerengga fencing on top of stale rice.


I need a worthy container to store sugar. The container must be easy to open and close without any hassle. A screw-on lid isn't suitable as some people don't bother to spend a few extra seconds to properly screw the lid on; they just place the lid on the container, just like that. An open container loaded with sugar is an open invitation to all ants to a sugar rush fiesta. Even if they did screw it on nicely, at times, Murphy's Law shamelessly kicks in. A pop-on lid makes no difference either. That brings the attention to my second characteristic requirement – keeps ants out, totally. A container that encourages people subconsciously to close it properly rather than force people to do it, is an evolution in design. A transparent glass jar with a metal lid is straightaway safe within the desirable range.

Why so particular? Well, if I wanted a jar of ants, I'd might as well go outside and dig them up; fresh from the ground! So, if I want sugar – that means – I WANT SUGAR! No ants, please.

Tiada ulasan: